Friday, October 9, 2009

What to do, Where to go in Santiago

Santiago has many places for visiting, but it depends on what type of things the person wants to do, what place to visit.
If someone likes history, art or something related to culture, Santiago has interesting museums, lots of art museums and beautiful chapels with great paintings. On the other hand for the ones that like best outside activities, they have the opportunity of visiting a zoo, go to the Cerro San Cristobal and ride the "teleferico".
If I had to suggest places to visit I would say:
1) Bellavista: I think it has very good restaurants if someone wants to try a good Chilean food, and at nights there are a variety of pubs and clubs for people to choose. The couple of times I had been at a club in Bellavista I saw lots of tourists, so I imagine that in general tourists like go.
2) Patronato: For the ones that like to buy a lot is cheap and you can find everything that people sell at the mall (without counting spensive and exclusive cloth). I just suggest not to go during a hot and sunny day because the only way of shopping is walking; it's impossible to go by car when there's a lot of people.
3) La Moneda: I think that when someone visit a country, he/she has to go and learn about the history or the culture. Santiago has beautiful museums about the time when it was colonize, about the independant day and also interesting museums about art and the chapels also have nice paintings.
4) Cerro San Cristobal: I like this place because you have a variety things to do; walk, seat and relax, ride bycicle or the "teleferico". Its the perfect place to go a Sunday afternoon around 16:00 hrs with the family and then at night see a beautiful scenery of Santiago with all the lights of the cars, street and houses.
5) Finally I have to consider that in every trip there should be a day full of fun so I would say to go to Fantasilandia or Mampato. It's perfect for people of all ages (well, not considering people too young or too old), there are games for all the ages and tastes. I think Mampato is a little bit more for small children and Fantasilandia has more games for grown ups.
Well, actually Santiago has a lot more places where to go, people just need to take their time and decide what they like the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment